BBBlood@ Guns N Horses + Next show!!

HeyHay thanks to the people who came to watch BBBlood's first London show. I thought it went pretty well considering a few technical hic-ups but just a quick reminder that I'll be playing

<>
Dalston, Stoke Newington rd, London,
With.. SuddenInfant, Birds of Delay, Terminal Outputs, Fbsnake, Isambard Kingston Brunel, Sgure, BBBlood( Another Enough Chairs guest) 6/6/6

if you can make it along then that would be great.

Anyway last night, rah what a cool gig. First off I must take my hat off and pay my dues to Rich (Rupert Murder) the big cheese of Guns N Horses and to the other chap who put it on too. The night was awesome I think there could have been more people but it did go head to head with Lightning Bolt who were playing somewhere in London that night. But I think this show had more soul!

I turned up in the quiet little pub and went down the stairs I was absolutely shattered after a very long bank holiday weekend. Big bag in hand I sat down and had a couple of drinks then I set up a makeshift (shitty) merch stand where I think I probably only sold 1 record oh well.

You Like?

Well then the music started all the acts were introduced by Mary Soul who was sporting some kinda military style get up and beret. Later on there was a guessing competition for who she was. Venezuela?? I don't remember much at that point.

I forgot to mention that at Guns N Horses you get free t-shirt and CD for the price of your entry. Bloody good value!

Anyway first up was Greypetcat who was a very big man who was hidden behind his laptops and stuff but the music was quite cool beats sounds and other wonderful stuff. I was quite busy manning the stall drinking, meeting and greeting people who'd come down to see me make a racket. Good set..

DJ Negative Skills was spinning the decks and making lovely sounds, I can't remember what he was playing.

Organ Morgan (http://www.myspace.com/organmorgan) was next up and unleashed a nice set I really was hitting the sauce by this time so all gets hazy but what I can remember was awesome organ sounds and some doors sounding bits and loads of psychedelic theremin / organ action very cool indeed and Jim is a top bloke I must catch Organ Morgan when he next plays.

Next up was Hiyoko Mame (http://www.myspace.com/hiyokomame) who started off with playing the Rocky theme on a melodica, what a way to start a set!! Then went into some good beats and singing and other stuff (you notice I use the word stuff to fill in blanks of my memory) loads of nice 8-bit sounding beeps and stuff and it was quite a fun set. Definitely check out her stuff it's really cool!

Ok so then BBBlood was up next, after a nice introduction by Mary Soul. I wrapped a tube of light around me and started freaking out with a old tobacco tin making feedback theremin and my sampler what didn't work (oh well I think it's probably past it now damn!!) yeah I think I played alright it was such a blast to be playing and I hope the crowd enjoyed it. I ended up bashing stuff on the floor and I can't remember much more than that. But thanks to all the people who WOOOOhhh'd and all the people who actually watched the whole thing. Ok so moving on...

Oh yes Action Jackson video taped it, hopefully I can get this online and use it for BBBvideos... And there was a very cool guy who I was introduced to was doing visuals to my set it was pretty cool loads of blood and stuff. Cheers!

And the grand finale was the mythical Rupert Murder (http://www.myspace.com/mrrmmrrm) I really really enjoyed his set, behind a mass of tables and laptops and other stuff was this guy in a mask rocking out to fantastic beats and sounds and harsh stuff fucking awesome I must say. I felt it was a perfect way to end the nights entertainment and everything seemed to be in 3D at this point it was class. Wow what a mental evening.

After that we started drinking upstairs this involved loads of booze talking to old Jamaican dudes saying goodbye to peeps and then my friends taking over the DJ booth to play 80's film music mostly hearts on fire and you got the touch oh yes and Incredible by Genral Levy!! After that we got a cab home and it was quite strange, I think he video'd this too.

Thanks to Rupert Murder for putting the Baron on, hopefully a few people enjoyed it. I think I'm going to go back to sleep...zzzzz

Oh yeah I must mention that they are doing another show in June 25th. I'll be on holiday at this point but if its anything like this one, it's going to be a very fine night of mad music. The line up is...

WOW!!! GUNS N HORSES WITH SUZYWAN, DR VALENTINE, TIGER PISS, SCULPTURE, HORACIO POLLARD AND LAND OF PLAYLIST. COME DOWN £2 WITH FREE T SHIRT AND CD.

Tiger Piss!!! Shit I wish I was there for this gig, you gotta go to it!

Ok now I go back to sleep.

No comments: